iPhone 6s/6/5s Supported Video and Audio Format
Part of the reason you are reading this article might be that you have run into iPhone file formats compatibility problems. So you want know what iPhone 6s/6/5s supported video formats are. Now, we'll give you the details of all compatible video formats for iPhone 6s/6s Plus, iPhone 6/6 plus and iPhone 5s. Then, we'll show you how to convert videos to iPhone supported format.
iPhone Video Formats
1. H.264 video up to 4K, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats. (For iPhone 6s /6s Plus)
2. H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats. (For iPhone 6/6 Plus/5s)
3. MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats.
4. Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.
iPhone Audio Formats:
• AAC (Bitrates 8 to 320 Kbps)
• Protected AAC (used for DRM copy protection on the iTunes Store)
• ALAC (Apple Lossless)
• MP3 (bitrates 8 to 320 Kbps)
• MP3 VBR (Variable Bitrate)
• AA (Audible formats 2, 3, 4) / Audible Enhanced Audio / AAX / AAX+
(Source: iPhone 6s Specs, iPhone 6 Specs, iPhone 5s Spec).
Learn from Part 1, we know that iPhone only support a few of video formats, which includes MP4, MOV and M4V. So when you try to play video on iPhone, you may encounter the following situations:
• Failed to play iPhone natively supported video format. When sync MP4, MOV, or M4V to iPhone via iTunes, we get the error: 'file' was not copied to the iPhone; because it cannot be played on this iPhone;
• Unable to import and open camcorder recorded video files like AVCHD, MTS, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV etc. on iPhone;
• Can't play Windows media file types like WMV, AVI, ASF, WTV, and MPG on iPhone;
• Failed to play audio like FLAC, OGG, WMA, WAV, APE, DTS, etc. on iPhone;
• Can't play FLV video downloaded from YouTube on iPhone.
If you run into the problem that "Can't play video on iPhone", you can use an iPhone video converter to change the video or audio format to the iPhone compatible one. 360° US Video Converter Ultimate, the professional iPhone video converter, supports converting almost all kinds of video and audio formats to play on iPhone 6s/6s plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5s/5c/5 and even iPhone 4s/4/3GS.
Free download the trial version of 360° US Video Converter Ultimate on Mac/Win computer and give it a try!
1. Load videos for conversion
A. Load video. Click "Add" > "Add File(s)" to locate source videos.
B. Load DVD. Insert DVD to optical drive, and click "Load Disc" to load DVD to the program.
2. Set iPhone playable video or audio format for exporting
Now you need to set a format for iPhone video conversion. Simply click the "Profile" drop-down button to select desired one from "Apple iPhone" Category.
3. Convert video to iPhone 6s/6/5s
When all preparations are OK, click "Convert" button to convert video to iPhone. When the conversion completes, click "Open Folder" button to get the converted video files.
You can now simply drag and drop the converted video to iTunes for sync to iPhone for easy playback.
Not limited to work as an iPhone video converter, 360° US Video Converter Ultimate also performs perfectly as an iPad video converter and iPod video converter. Just download it and make all videos compatible with your iOS devices.
- How to Convert Videos to MP4 and vice verse
- How to Convert YouTube Online Videos to MP4
- WMV to AVI Converter: Even Let You Convert AVI to WMV
- AVI Video Converter Support You Convert Videos to AVI
- How to Convert MOV to MP4 on Windows/Mac
- How to Convert MKV to MP4
- How to Convert MKV to AVI on Windows/Mac
- How to Convert MOV to AVI